For over eight years, Dr. Swiniarski has worked in animal shelters coast to coast, providing care to shelter animals as well as pets of families in need. Dr. Swiniarski enjoys travel and volunteering, including fostering pets in her home.
- Over 8 years of experience in both general and shelter medicine.
- Has presented on the subject of shelter medicine both locally and nationally.
- Advertising Committee Member of the Association of Shelter Veterinarians
- Member of the American Association of Feline Practitioners
- Member of the Association for Animal Welfare Advancement
- Member of the American Veterinary Medical Association
Dr. Swiniarski has been practicing shelter medicine for over eight years, traveling from coast to coast and working at organizations including Humane Rescue Alliance and Tree House Humane Society before becoming Chief Medical Officer of PAWS Chicago. She regularly lectures on the topic of shelter medicine and has contributed to scientific studies and publications.
Dr. Swiniarski received her bachelor’s degree in biology from Iowa State University and her Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine from Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine.