All featured products are chosen at the discretion of the author. However, Great Pet Care may make a small affiliate commission if you click through and make a purchase.
All dog parents want their dogs to be happy and healthy, but the reality is that, just like humans, many dogs suffer from anxiety and stress. Whether it’s caused by the sound of fireworks, living on a busy road, or a trip to the veterinarian, it’s easy for our furry friends to get overwhelmed.
Anxiety and stress can deeply affect the well-being of dogs and cause many undesired behaviors such as chewing, barking, and aggression. Thankfully, along with many other health benefits, CBD products are a great solution for helping your dog adapt to anxiety and stress and to live their best possible life. We went ahead and curated a list of the best dog CBD products, making it easy to choose what is right for you and your furry friend.
- Best Dog CBD Oil: The Anxious Pet Organic Hemp Oil
- Best Dog CBD Chews: Honest Paws Calm Soft Chews
- Best Dog CBD Treats: HempMyPets Hemp Dog Treats
- Best Dog Non-CBD Chew: The Anxious Pet Relax & Roll Soft Chews
Best Dog CBD Oil
Our pick: The Anxious Pet Organic Hemp Oil
CBD oils are an effective and easy way to help bring your dog to a state of peace and calm. All you have to do is add a few drops to their food or directly in their mouth. You’ll want to be sure to use the correct dosage based on your dog’s weight, as this stuff is powerful. We picked The Anxious Pet Organic Hemp Oil as the best option out of all the CBD oils available for dogs. 400mg is the dosage you’ll want for smaller dogs, and 800mg for larger dogs.
- Full Spectrum Goodness. Full Spectrum means that this product is formulated with the whole hemp plant, so not only is your dog reaping the benefits of CBD, but they will also receive many other nutritional benefits that come from hemp.
- Healthy Immune System. The ingredients in this formula promote a healthy and strong immune system.
- Simple Ingredients. This oil only contains two ingredients: Full-spectrum cannabinoid oil, and organic fractionated coconut oil — making it as pure as possible for your pup.
- Calms Nerves. The cannabinoid oil in this formula helps soothe your dog’s nervous system, allowing them to relax and hopefully not chew your favorite sandals up anymore.
Sample buyer review… “My two yorkies (alter ego: Yipyip & Yapyap) bark constantly, literally at anything that goes by our house. It has been a lot to manage for my husband and I who have been recently working from home taking calls, going on Zoom meetings, etc. So I just wanted to share that this product has worked miracles!! I gave them the recommended dosage and they have been perfect little couch potato angels. So sweet and quiet, but will still perk up if I offer treats/walks/etc. I am very pleased with this product!!”
Best Dog CBD Chews
Our pick: Honest Paws Calm Soft Chews
Another great way to make sure your dog is experiencing the benefits of CBD is through chews. Chews are great because even the act of chewing is calming for dogs, so it’s the perfect thing to give your pup on the way to the vet or when you leave the house. We have chosen Honest Paws Calm Soft Chews as the best CBD chew option available.
- Human Grade Ingredients. These chews are made with organic human-grade ingredients, meaning you are giving your dog the best of the best.
- Fast Acting. Honest Paws claims that these chews start working in less than an hour, so they’re perfect for any unexpected anxious situations.
- Powerful Nutrients. Formulated with L-Theanine, these chews can help aid in your dog’s sleep, and allow for deep calm.
Sample buyer review… “We got the Calm Chews for our husky Zeus. It works great! He has always been a little anxious and uncertain of new people and these are giving him the relaxation he needs to just be a good dog.”
Best Dog CBD Treats
Our pick: HempMyPets Hemp Dog Treats
CBD dog treats are a win-win for dogs and their parents. They not only taste delicious for your pup but they are also packed with nutrients to help ease their anxiety, so everyone can be a little more relaxed. HempMyPets Hemp Dog Treats are our favorite option to give to your pup when they’re feeling stressed.
- Organic and Pure. Your stress will go down along with your dogs knowing that these treats are gluten-free, GMO-free, cruelty-free, and made with human-grade and organic ingredients.
- Full Spectrum Goodness. These treats are also made from Full Spectrum Hemp Extract, so your pup will benefit from all the healing powers of hemp.
- Dogs Love Them. Watch your dog go crazy for the delicious pumpkin flavor of these treats that are made fresh in an actual bakery in Colorado.
Sample buyer review… “Great product for my old girl! Helped her relax and settle in for a good night’s sleep.”
Best Dog Non-CBD Chew:
Our pick: The Anxious Pet Relax & Roll Soft Chews
Some dog parents also want alternative options to CBD for calming their pup’s anxiety. We chose The Anxious Pet’s Relax & Roll Soft Chews as the best Non-CBD Chew for your dog.
- Great for Sensitive Stomachs. These chews are made without grains, corn, and soy, plus they are vegan making them an excellent option for your dog if they have any allergies.
- Improves Mood. Made with Melatonin, Gingko Biloba, Kava, Passion Flower and Lavender, these chews are specifically formulated to reduce anxiety and improve the mood of your furry friend.
- Made by the Experts. These treats were formulated by actual veterinarians who made sure to give the treats the optimal levels of nutrients that are perfect for your dog’s wellbeing.
Sample buyer review… “I didn’t want to feed my dog CBD, but I was very concerned about his anxiety. I used the Anxious Pet non-CBD calming chews and it was good for there teeth on a vets recommendation, and my dog loves them , he has one after his meal in the evening. I would recommend these ..”
Our dogs deserve to live a happy, relaxed life and CBD products are a great way to get them there. We hope that this list has made your search a little easier in finding a product that will help your dog with whatever anxiety or stress symptoms they are experiencing.
Don't miss our vet-approved pet care tips!
Sign up for our newsletter to stay in-the-know.