Whether we cat parents like it or not, our furry friends often deal with anxiety and stress. This can be made worse when traveling, going to the veterinarian, and through many other circumstances. When our cats can’t adapt to stress it can lead to hyperactivity, nervousness, excessive scratching, abnormal urine marking, and destructiveness. The good news is that there are many ways to help with this, and CBD products can play a big role in helping your cat with their anxiety. Yet like any kind of supplement, there are differences in quality, so choosing the right formula for your cat is key.
We have curated a list of the top CBD products, as well as a few non-CBD options, for cats based on your specific needs so that you can be sure you are giving your cat the best of the best when treating their anxiety and stress.
- Best Cat CBD Oil: The Anxious Pet Organic Hemp Oil
- Best Cat CBD Chews: ThunderWunders Calming Cat Chews
- Best Cat CBD Treats: HolistaPet CBD Cat Treats
- Best Cat Non-CBD Chew: Pet Naturals of Vermont Calming Cat Chews
- Best Cat Non-CBD Spray: Feliway Travel Calming Cat Spray
Best Cat CBD Oil
Our pick: The Anxious Pet Organic Hemp Oil
Using a CBD oil is a great way to give your cat instant relief from anxiety. You can drop the oil in your cat’s food and they won’t even notice, but you will be sure to notice the power it has on their wellbeing. We chose the Anxious Pet Organic Hemp Oil as the best CBD oil option on the market. Read below for why we think you’ll love it.
- Reduces Inflammation. This formula is specifically made to reduce inflammation which is essential for your cat to live a long healthy life with less pain.
- Formulated by Veterinarians. You can rest easy knowing that this oil was made by the experts.
- Clean Ingredients. This oil is a completely organic formula, so your cat will only be consuming pure clean ingredients.
- Full-Spectrum Goodness. This formula uses the whole hemp plant, which allows it to contain some of the highest levels of CBD on the market.
Best Cat CBD Chews
Our pick: ThunderWunders Calming Cat Chews
A great way to make sure your feline friend is getting their CBD is with chews. While your cat is chewing, it can help them relax during stressful situations like visiting the veterinarian, or during fireworks. We recommend ThunderWunders Calming Cat Chews as the best CBD chew option.
- Powerful Nutrients. These chews contain thiamine, L-tryptophan and chamomile which all help to ease tension and stress and increase relaxation and rest.
- Delicious. Made with a yummy chicken flavor, your cat will be begging for more. They even have a money-back guarantee for those cats who are picky eaters.
- Relaxing. Approved by veterinarians as a great way to reduce your cat’s anxiety in a safe way.
- Made in the USA. These chews are formulated and made in the USA, so you know your cat is only getting the highest quality CBD chews.
Sample buyer review… “ThunderWunder Cat Chews helped my son’s cats feel calm and at home when they visited with us for a week. We will continue to us them when they visit and when we go visit them.”
Best Cat CBD Treats
Our pick: HolistaPet CBD Cat Treats
We all know that cats love their treats, so why not give them treats that are beneficial to their health? Treats with CBD in them are an amazing way to keep your cat’s taste buds happy while also helping them relieve their anxiety. If you are looking for the perfect CBD treat for your cat, we suggest Holistapet’s CBD Cat Treats.
- Pure Ingredients. These treats are gluten-free, non-GMO, dairy-free, and grain-free, allowing you to rest easy knowing there are no harmful ingredients.
- Cats Love Them. Made with a delicious salmon flavor, cats go crazy for these treats.
- Full-Spectrum. These treats are formulated with the whole plant, so your cat will receive all of the amazing healing benefits.
Sample buyer review… “My cat goes crazy for these. They are her favorite treat! She actually seems to chew these unlike other treats. She had really stinky breath before and I have noticed it has been getting better- doesn’t smell like mints, but no longer reeks of death!”
Best Cat Non-CBD Treats
Some cat parents want to find chews to help their cats stress and anxiety without using CBD. We found that Pet Naturals of Vermont has a great non-CBD option that has many similar benefits to CBD chews.
- Natural Benefits. These chews work naturally to help calm your kitty and are not sedatives with harmful side-effects.
- Clean Ingredients. Formulated without wheat, corn, or artificial ingredients, you can be just as relaxed as your cat knowing there are no harmful additives in these chews.
- Veterinarian Approved. These chews are formulated by veterinarians, so you know your feline-friend is only getting the best when it comes to a stress-relieving chew.
Sample buyer review… ““My cat is young and full of energy. She will be 3 in 2 weeks. I found that breaking these calming treats into small pieces before bed helped her calm down for the night, with less running around at night. Just like vitamins/supplements are different for people in the way our body’s react, same goes for animals. I give a thumbs up to these as they work well with my cat.””
Best Cat Non-CBD Spray
Our pick: Feliway Travel Calming Cat Spray
If you have a kitten, it’s important to give them treats that are formulated for their unique needs. Kittens need to have smaller treats that are easier to chew, and they also require different nutrients than their older peers. Blue Buffalo Baby Blue Crunchies Natural Grain Free Savory Salmon Treats are perfect treats that are specifically made for the needs of your little one.
- Real Salmon. Made with real salmon, these treats are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids and protein helping give your kitten sustainable energy and a nutrient boost.
- Crunchy Texture. These treats are designed to be chewable and to have the perfect texture for your kitten’s growing teeth.
- Low in Calories. Each treat is under 2 calories, making them a guilt-free way to build love and bond with your kitten.
- Great for Allergies. When looking at the ingredient list you won’t find any corn, wheat, soy, or artificial flavors, so even your kitten with a sensitive tummy can still enjoy these delicious treats.
Sample buyer review… “I read a lot about kitten treats and what to give them and these are the only ones I trust until they are one or older! They go crazy for them!!”
Best Treats for Senior Cats
Older cats can have a harder time when they are consuming treats that they enjoyed in their younger years. Most treats are too chewy or crunchy for them, and sometimes the treats aren’t giving the proper nutrients that senior cats could be benefiting from. This is why it is important to find a treat that is formulated specifically for senior cats as your cat begins to age.
We choose Hartz Delectables Bisque Senior 15+ Tuna & Chicken Lickable Cat Treat as the best treat option for senior cats.
- Easy to eat. Each packet of Delectables Bisque Senior 15+ Tuna & Chicken Lickable Cat Treat is a blended puree that your older cat will have no trouble to lick up, while still enjoying and savoring the goodness of having a treat.
- Made with Prebiotics. These treats are formulated with prebiotics to help with your senior cat’s digestion and to support their kidneys.
- Essential Nutrients and Vitamins. Infused with B vitamins, vitamin E, and potassium, you can rest easy knowing your cat is getting the necessary vitamins they need to stay healthy as they continue to age.
Sample buyer review… “A year ago our 18 year mainecoon was wasting away and seemed like she wouldn’t be with us much longer. We tried wet foods and she wasn’t interested. Then we discovered bisque! She is now 19 and doing much better now. We give her two bisque packets a day as well as her regular food. It’s the highlight of her day and she will yell at everyone when she thinks it’s time for bisque. Highly recommended!”
Whatever the specific needs of your cat may be, we hope our list of the 6 Best Cat Treats of 2020 has helped you narrow down the best options and that you can rest easy knowing that you don’t have to compromise when it comes to nutrition and flavor.
Was this article helpful?
Don't miss our vet-approved pet care tips!
Sign up for our newsletter to stay in-the-know.